Rosemary essential oil has had a strong back record, as far its uses in the past by the older generations are concerned. It has gained a lot of popularity in the recent years, though it never went out of scene but for some reason it is now more in the eyes of everyone, more than before.
- One of the uses of Rosemary include that it is very effective in treating oily skin and oily hair since decreases oily secretions of the hair follicles. It is also helpful in reducing skin blemishes, such as pimples.
- Rosemary can be used for decorative purpose also. We can use the trimmings to create decorative garlands, which can be hung on the wall or used as table decorations.
- When we add Rosemary to any of foods like chicken, lamb or pork it gives it a refreshing and peppy flavor.
- Rosemary essential oil can be used in Inhalation, baths and massage. Using Rosemary essential oil in massage stimulates the lymphatic system and soothes sore, tired, muscles from exercise. It can be massaged into the scalp to help prevent baldness.
- Rosemary essential oil is a good stimulant for memory and circulation. It is used to treat Acne, bronchitis, burns, colds, dandruff, dermatitis, diarrhea, eczema, headaches and obesity.
- Rosemary essential oil is also used to build up energy, strengthen fragile blood vessels, for muscle pains, brighten mood, cramps or sprains for restoring mental alertness and relieving pain.
- Rosemary essential oil is used to boost immune system and helps in nervous system disorders such as mental fatigue and nervous exhaustion.
- Rosemary Essential oil can effectively repel moths and other insects. Thus can be used as an insect repelling essential oil. Place several drops of rosemary essential oil on a cotton ball and make a sachet. Wrap and tie this in a small handkerchief. Hang this cloth in storage areas like cupboards.
- Rosemary Essential oil make an excellent oral antiseptic due to the presence of eucalyptol which is used in treatment of combating gingivitis and periodontal disease.
Rosemary has an excellent reputation for oily skin/acne, scalp and hair care, and I have repeatedly read that Rosemary Oil can be helpful with alopecia (hair loss).
Rosemary is quite stimulating and is heralded for help in memory retention and staying focused and alert. Rosemary is a good choice for blends for driving long distances and for long study sessions.
Go through our reference links now -